been a while since last i updated, but i don’t really care. what i am going to talk about, however, is worthy of a post. so let’s get started, shall we?
first off, the post directly below was just a test to see if i could actually import that little button into my html. it’s pretty cool.
but anyway, onto business. i assume most of you didn’t care to watch mtv last thursday night at 9:30 p.m. EST and that’s just fine. however, for those who did, i apologize for the brain cells you have lost. last thursday night, the official unveiling for xbox 360 was premiered. now seeing as it’s mtv and all, most of the audience were drooling retards who are normally enticed by watching rides getting pimped and people getting punked, so i wasn’t really expecting much out of the show. and i was fairly correct making this assumption. there were lots of pretty flashing lights, and plenty of moronic celebrities pretending to be hardcore gamers.
there was, however, some very interesting information to behold, as well as some confirmations of previous rumors.
the xbox 360 will feature straight out the box:
- a multicore 3.2 ghz powerPC based processor
- a custom ATI 512mhz GPU (sporting FORTY EIGHT pipelines, and will kick the ass of the current GPU king: the x850xtpe)
- 720p and 1080i hd support for ALL games (AWESOME, but you need the hd tv to go along with it)
- wifi capability 302.11 A, B, G)
- wireless controllers (which is a definite step up)(these controllers will also be able to be used on pcs via longhorn technology, VERY cool)
- 3 USB ports (wonder what for, gonna have to wait and see)
- the obvious ethernet port
you can go here to check out the entire spec list.
needless to say, i am VERY excited about this system. from what i hear, the 360 is estimated to be SIX times stronger than the current xbox in terms of raw performance. it will be able to calculate a TERAFLOP of calculations per second. A FUCKING TERAFLOP! back in 2003, there were 120 SUPERcomputers capable of that kind processing power. the current release date for the 360 is said to be november, at least 6-12 months before both the ps3 and revolution. wise move? we’ll see. right now, i’m just drooling in anticipation of e3, and all the info microsoft, sony, and nintendo will divulge in their respective press conferences.
oh yeah, doom 3 kicks fucking ass.